Kool Mist Purchase

papermaker

Active User
Registered
While scanning through Craigslist I stumbled across a Kool Mist set up for sale. We were headed out of state for a week-end in NY and the mister was right on the way. Can't wait to get it set up to see how it works.. I told the wife that she needs to put parental controls on Craigslist so I will stop buying .

Ok witch one did you get. Pic's or it never happend.:worthless:

We're returning from NY right now. I think it is the portable model. It has the mixing block and the mister with the hoses. It also has a gallon of coolant and 2 smaller of concentrate. It also has the magnetic base and the articulated arm for the mister.

We're returning from NY right now. I think it is the portable model. It has the mixing block and the mister with the hoses. It also has a gallon of coolant and 2 smaller of concentrate. It also has the magnetic base and the articulated arm for the mister.
--

KOOL MISTER'S--are really great-i have used mine for years. just a word of caution. the hoses and separate parts are quite expensive-as in mega $$$. avoid any temptations u may have to disassemble and ''see how it looks inside'' and mabey see'' how it works''. this can cause real headaches. ''ask me how i know. just my $$.02 . re steve in mt. ps-they really r a wonderfull tool.

Not much to look at here is a picture of the Kool Mist that I bought . It works great.

kool mist.jpg

They work great. I wish they made the hoses a little bit longer, especially the coolant hose. I find that I sometimes have to move the reservoir to finish a cut.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not much to look at here is a picture of the Kool Mist that I bought . It works great.

Yes, I like them a lot and used it for parting a bunch of stuff on the lathe today. It seems to work just as well as cutting oil.

BTW: I just use a plastic bottle for the supply container and suspend it with a wire at about the same height as the discharge nozzle. This way, it can be adjusted to use very little air pressure and still provide a stream of droplets.

Ray

They work great. I wish they made the hoses a little bit longer, especially the coolant hose. I find that I sometimes have to move the reservoir to finish a cut.

You can extend the coolant hose easy enough just use a barbed coupler and the same size hose.

I use a 1 gal windshield washer bottle. I can get it to work quite well on 30 psi as long as the bottle is elevated above the mixing block. I have flood coolant on my big lathe but I prefer to use the mist system on it, for all but heavy boring work.

If you suspend the bottle higher up, when you're done using it, make sure he nozzle is higher than the fluid level or, it will slowly drain by siphon/gravity.

Also, the little magnet will stay put on horizontal surfaces and, a Velcro zip tie helps hold it in vertical positions.

Back