Kearney & Trecker Dividing Head

Pinenut57

Registered
Registered
I have a K&T dividing head, don't know the model number, but I believe it's a 10". The rear hand crank is missing as well as the handle for the dividing plate. It weighs over 100lb so I don't think shipping is an option. It's too big for my Grizzly Mill/Drill. I would consider a trade for a 5" dividing head. I just need something I can use.20220406_080333.jpg20220406_080430.jpg20220406_080456.jpg20220319_134027.jpg

I have a mill drill that the distance between the spindle centerline and the round column mount is 8", how does that compare to yours?
Are there any indexing plates with this?
Does it interfere with the mill/drill column? Also does the 10" mean the distance from the mill table to the center line of the output shaft is 5"?
I don't have a small dividing head but may be willing to work with you on this
With respect to freight how far are you from Twin Falls?
Thanks
Rock breaker

My mill/drill is a Grizzly G1006, which is the same as the G0760. The distance from spindle c/l to column is 8" so it sounds like pretty much the same thing. The distance between table and center of chuck is 5 1/4" It doesn't interfere with the column at all. There is 1 dividing plate that came with it. This thing came out of the Boeing plant and was used for cutting helical gears.
I live up by Kellogg.

Thanks,
The weight is a problem for this old man. However I do have a hoist. I have family in Jerome near Twin Falls, would have to work some things out with them. I live in SW Colorado near Cortez. I need some time to work on this.

Is it possible to turn it to discover any other damage?

Have a good day
Rock Breaker

If you still have this can I get some information on the graduated collar. I need to fabricate one for my dividing head.

Attachments

• 20220515_150550(1).jpg
    20220515_150550(1).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 16
Number of divisions, length, od, size of the steps, and what the stamping is would be helpful. Thanks

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I think this is the information you asked for.
Divisions, 9
length, .7165
OD, 1.9765
size of steps 1st step .300, knurled step .128
Stamping; 1 turn =9 degrees at spindle
Graduations Read to 5 minuets.
If this isn't the information you need, PM me with your mailing address and I'll send the dial.

Back