Kant Twist Clamp

Hello from San Francisco. Well, the other side of the bay, actually. This is good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
-Ryan

Ian Bee, I've spent quite some time doing video editing, so doing these things doesn't require that much time. Probably what's the most painful is to record the narration. I'm very comfortable in English, but actually recording your voice is something completely different.

Glad you liked them though, there will be more to come for sure, though by July I will have lost access to the workshop so it's likely that the videos will veer towards a non-workshop theme until I can get back to it.

Cheers!

Jeff, thomas, thank you :)

Smudgemo, you're out in Oakland? I really want to get back to the bay area if I have the chance. Fell in love with it when I lived there, sad I had to leave.

:applause:
I was just planning to make some small Kant Twists, not for my shop, but just to use as unusual tablecloth holders in my garden.
The idea of the small screw keeping the tip of the shaft is pretty neat: I will copy it ;-)

I bought a pair of these clamps to try them at Work (I'm an Ironworker) Some times C clamps won't work do to the angle of the screw These clamps give a different angle to work with. I like them alot The only draw back is throat depth, I have been thinking of trying to make some with a deeper throat. Your video will sever a great help to me on this task (if I can get started) Thanks for your great post. Well presented and thought out Mark

Welcome aboard. Thank you so much for this post. I have made the patterns already for this project. I will make 6 to start.

"Billy G"

I really liked the "play back" speed of the video. The video moves right along without becoming tedious, yet the speed is still such that the average machinist / metal worker can easily follow the tasks being performed.
Well done.
Terry S, Minnesota

Thoroughly enjoyable and very informative video. I had no problem following and understanding as it went along. Great job!

I must have subscribed to your YouTube channel because I saw the video before I saw this post. I think I found your channel from Tom Lipton's channel. I love the tiny hammer. Great work, like everyone else said, really good video editing.

What is the Masters that you are pursuing?

that was a really cool video, thanks! You make it look so simple and I love the fact that it only took 12min to make one :)

Marco, it's all in the original plans :) Cheers!

markknx, they do make some Kant twist clamps which have a deeper throat though, maybe you could look into those? Or of course, making custom ones are much more rewarding :)

Bill Gruby, cool, I would love to see how you get along with them!

Terry, that's what I was trying to do. I know we all like seeing chips flying, but it's hard to keep a narrative in a video when it becomes hours in length. I think the video material that I shoved down into 12 minutes was around 3 hours in total.

brasssmanget, cheers!

architard, aye, Tom has been a great inspiration through my videoing adventures, learned a lot from watching his videos (and many others' too of course).

mattthemuppet, I guess I could knock one out in 12 minutes, after a hundred cups of coffee or so :D

Back