Just watched this popular woodworking video and thought I would share how not to setup a gantry.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
probably the worst gantry setup I have ever seen, I hate watching someone who generally shows people how to do things, that doesn't know how to do it.

1713204159199.png

Pass me a beer and the popcorn...

probably the worst gantry setup I have ever seen, I hate watching someone who generally shows people how to do things, that doesn't know how to do it.

You worry too much. I'm sure he stuck his head underneath the saw to make sure it felt safe before he lifted it up the rest of the way.

He probably welded that up himself, so it's probably perfect for the job.

When you are showing things like that you need to do a better job. There are too many newbies that see that and think there's nothing wrong with it. They don't realize how a gantry can fall over and kill/crush someone. I hate being the safety Nazis but that was a real bad example to anyone.

The guy showed a still photo for ten seconds while saying “I had to use a gantry”.

He used ten seconds of his 18 minute video to mention a gantry with a still photo.

It’s a misrepresentation of the videos intent.
Nobody is watching this video to learn anything about a gantry.

Anyways, that’s my opinion, and I’m sure it stinks. But I’ll own it.

The guy showed a still photo for ten seconds while saying “I had to use a gantry”.

He used ten seconds of his 18 minute video to mention a gantry with a still photo.

It’s a misrepresentation of the videos intent.
Nobody is watching this video to learn anything about a gantry.

Anyways, that’s my opinion, and I’m sure it stinks. But I’ll own it.
I realize that nobody is watching for how to use a gantry, but they do learn. A lot of these guys are young like him and impressionable. Anyway, I just think guys showing **** like this need to step up and do a better job. This guy is putting out podcasts, magazine stuff, people believe he is the expert.

Back