Just picked up my 13" Leblond Regal lathe now I need to learn to use it

Guys, Thanks for all the feedback.

I will get me some round stock and start like NoGoingBack suggested. The lathe came with some tooling. The previous owner was a real nice guy that only lived 5 miles away. He had upgraded to a lathe with a DRO. So far, it looks like the lathe is in pretty good shape.

Here are some more pics.

I am assuming that Pete222's "How to run a South Bend Lathe" series is different then the videos he has on You Tube. Any experience with the video series?

Thanks.

View attachment 279205

View attachment 279206

View attachment 279207

View attachment 279208

View attachment 279209
Very sweet machine. I had one like it. You can do some serious hogging with that. Very stout. I loved the feel of that machine. The carriage glided so smoothly. Definitely a keeper.

Wow my gosh am I impressed with your first lathe man! That's a great looking setup I mean those collets lol. I'm also picking up a leblonde 13" regal for my first lathe and it's a little dirty but I'll clean it up I'm not sure how to do any of this either so I'm following what your doing as well

PM me fi you can't I think I have a digital copy from 1948. My copy wasn't copyrighted (or no copyright was declared).

Wow, color me jealous. You're starting out well up on the food chain. Most beginner's can only dream of bringing home a package like that.
Congratulations.

I just got myself a LeBlonde regal 13" trainer myself. It is truly a monster for a hobbyist, lol.
Haha, mine is prob 54 inches center to center

Back