Just Ordered A G0704. Let The Fun Begin!

I wonder what Matt charges for the X Axis feed setup that would fit the G0704 since it's about the same as his PM 25.
Griz wants $300 for theirs.

Matt is the same price for the power feed, $299.00. The PM-25 has slightly different end plates than the G0704 so some minor modifications would be required.

I wonder what Matt charges for the X Axis feed setup that would fit the G0704 since it's about the same as his PM 25.
Griz wants $300 for theirs.

Where are you seeing that in the Grizzly site? Can't find it...

Also looking for an inexpensive DRO setup... I saw one on youtube

Might go with that for now...

Two required:
X - iGaging 24" Magnetic Remote Digital Readout
Y - iGaging 12" Magnetic Remote Digital Readout
(if doing Z - get one more 24" long)

And also for reference, good video on the DRO dyi... I need to get the stuff needed to build this...pretty cool!

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. I'm thinking of that same mill later this year to go with my Go752 lathe. Looks like a nice pair for a hobbyist. Let us know how it works out for you. With pictures, of course. :)

:encourage: User manual, parts diagram, spec sheet... all downloaded!!

I need to figure out which gear is the one that goes... let me research that so that I can place that order next week.

There are two gears the one that typically goes is on the spindle. Given the fact that they are plastic I think I would order both. I actually ordered a 704 but cancelled due to shipping delays. At the time they were out of both gears and we're not supposed to get any for two months. Belt drive is the way to go, no worries about broken gears and much quieter

I am counting on no delays since it showed as in stock. Reason why I went with that instead of waiting for the PM-25MV... I will call Monday to confirm...if I have to wait, then I rather wait for the PM-25MV

When I was in Springfield 3 weeks ago, they had 7 left in stock after I got mine.
I just looked and show they still have some in stock.

I am counting on no delays since it showed as in stock. Reason why I went with that instead of waiting for the PM-25MV... I will call Monday to confirm...if I have to wait, then I rather wait for the PM-25MV

They showed in stock when I ordered mine then a few days later they said it would be a two month wait. That wait ended up being almost four months for the guys that kept their order. I called Matt and cancelled my order the next day. I hope they are in stock for you!

They showed in stock when I ordered mine then a few days later they said it would be a two month wait. That wait ended up being almost four months for the guys that kept their order. I called Matt and cancelled my order the next day. I hope they are in stock for you!

Just got off the phone with them... item was in stock and mine is shipping out today. If everything goes well, it should be home before the end of the week.

Back