Jet JPSG-618M (not m1) Machine has missing timing belt setup need pictures.

expressline99

Registered
Registered
So I bought a Jet JPSG-618M sometime back and I've been rebuilding various parts of it. This over a bunch of months (who can keep track.)
I've rebuilt the spindle and gone through tons of things. So I get down to grinding my table in and....after a couple of weeks of trying to
figure out why the table is lifting at the end of the travel. I find that the timing belt setup doesn't match anything in the parts manual.
The only one available is for the M1 version of my machine. That machine has an idler gear at the right side of the table.
Mine for whatever reason had the table ends reversed and the belt cut in half to accommodate their only part of belt they had.
I assume?

Anyway, I have replaced the belt which doesn't work at all with the setup they had and has made the problem even worse!hen the table ends
which includes a fixing location for the timing belt is swapped doesn't even come close to reaching. The manual shows a completely different setup
so I'm hoping one of you guys has one of these so I can see the setup on the right side of the table underneath. That shows the idler gear and other parts
needed to make this work. Basically from what I'm gathering I'll have to make everything and either locate a gear that works with the 564xl timing belt
or cut one. That isn't impossible I have everything to do it. But have never made a gear...ever. (Even though it's on the list of things to do!)

Any help is appreciated.

Expressline99

Back