Jet BD-920"H" 220V

springerpilot

Registered
Registered
I have a 1993 Jet BD920H 220V, Stock # 321371, SN: 311269
This unit is still in packing gell the way it came form the factory
The Jet id plate on the front of the machine indicates that this unit is pre-wired for 230V
One of the previous owners had put a 110V plug on the power cord and indicated the motor was bad from the factory, I am in need of a manual or schematic to insure the wiring is correct before power it up.
I went to the Jet web site and this machine is not listed
I called the Jet customer service line and they told me they never had a BD-920 "H" model
Any help any one can offer is welcome

L,N,W are BD 920 designations. All 920's that I have seen have 3/4 HP 115V 60 cycle motors. I have never seen nor heard of a factory 220 option. Could you post pictures of yours?

"Billy G" :thinking:

Call and ask Jet that you can email them a picture showing that. I would ask to talk to the oldest service tech that works there. You may have talked to a young guy who had no clue what he was talking about. You may want to open the square box on the motor and many times inside the cover they have a diagram showing you how to switch the wires around to get 110/220 single phase. If not ask a question in the electrical forum or in my machinery restoration forum as a couple of my readers are retired Electrical Engineers.

I hope it helps... I have a 920N which the manual of course shows NO voltage change between 110 and 220. I have also collected some manuals from other brands (HF parts are more ready and cheaper) one of which shows the chart for changing voltages. It appears the term and wire markings are identical so it should be valid. I have not changed mine from 120V so apply caution and verify.

The one with JET in the name is from the 920N manual the other I believe is an HF stock number.

Steve

Attachments

• 110-0820.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 110jet.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 16
Back