Jet bandsaw part needed.

sundown57

Registered
Registered
just picked up an old Jet JBS-14MW. it's missing the clamp that holds the hex shaft in place. I don't even see it listed in any of the parts diagrams. Would anyone happen to know the part number or better yet have the bracket from a parts machine? thanks, mike

IMG_2828.JPG

Bummer that part is missing! I have noticed that JET doesn't have good parts support for the older machines. My son was looking for parts for an older table saw and couldn't get what he needed any more. I would suppose you could make the needed clamp piece if you have the needed equipment.

Luckily that looks like a part that would emerge from a block of whatever metal you have handy after 30 minutes on the mill, so you're not down the river with that machine yet.

Edit: It's funny how those Taiwan 14" bandsaws are all the same, yet somehow different, enough here and there to keep from interchanging parts.

I’m of the mind of a simple cupon of 3/8”thick x 1” wide x 1.5” long steel with a strategically placed 3/8” through hole , that would clamp against the hexagonal shaft with either an M8 or an M10 bolt ( if the assembly was threaded for metric fasteners)

p.s.
You could also build up the end proximal to the through hole in the coupon I outlined above to increase the clamping leverage

I see a lathe in the photo. You could carve out a part with that if you had to.

It's funny how those Taiwan 14" bandsaws are all the same, yet somehow different, enough here and there to keep from interchanging parts.
I was struck by that too. My HF 14” is close but no cigar too. Cruising eBay same. I would think if everything thing else is there that clamp is one of the easier pieces to fab out of my engineering pile.

Back