Jepson 9421ND 10" mitering Dry saw

MikeInOr

Registered
Registered
I either scored a great deal... or a "hot" dry saw. I found this Jepson 10" mitering dry saw on Craigslist for $100. Too good of a deal to be true? I actually felt it was too good to be true so much that I called the cops! The front desk had an officer call me back and he recited a 30 second speal that he has recited several times before. Then I explained that this was a $1000 saw being sold for $100. But it wasn't a saw that an average Joe would own but something a fabrication shop would probably own and why it was unique. The officer was a nice guy, he paused for a second and said he would search through recent burglary reports and get back to me. I explained that any reports of a stolen Jepson saw almost assuredly would be this saw.

After about 10 minutes he called me back. He looked up the CL add. Looked up what the saw was and why it was unique. Searched the burglary reports. Had his Sargent double check his search and neither found anything.

So I bought the saw, surreptitiously got a picture of the guy, his car and license plate. Then I texted the license plate to the officer telling him if someone reports a stolen Jepson saw on Monday that he knows how to get a hold of me. If I have to give the saw back to the rightful owner and I am out a $100 I don't mind if it means the police can bust the alleged thief. The officer said he would turn over all the information to an investigator on Monday (Smallish town, investigators don't work weekends, lol)

z_0301202052 (1365 x 768).jpg

z_0301202052a (1365 x 768).jpg

On the flip side, DARNED! It cuts nice! Smooth cuts and perfect angles!

So what would you have done? Passed because it might be stolen? I feel I did due diligence and left my full name and number with the police in case something does turn up. Like I said I am prepared to give it up to the rightful owner and be out $100 with hopes nabbing the thief.

Last edited:
You did the right thing and your integrity is intact so good for you. I hope that was a legit thing because that is a NICE saw!

You did awesome, I had an electrician that went to meth, and in the end wanted payment up front. I'm out 185.00. I hope you get to keep the saw . Your honesty, and ethics are exemplary, good job. :encourage:

Back