Jeep project

WOOHOO!

The Jeep passed inspection! That's a big weight off my mind! Now I just have to apply for a title... that is another thing I'm dreading. Applying for a title shouldn't be difficult, but I dislike having to deal with any government agency...

-Bear

Excellent news!!

I'll wrap this thread up... for now...

I went to the state Department of Motor Vehicles this morning and applied for the new title for the Jeep. They printed the new title for me so I won't have to wait on it to be mailed.

Now I can get a tag and insurance and start driving it again.

I'm happy to put all that behind me...!

-Bear

Ok, I'll revive this zombie thread for an update...

I took my wife junking (antique shopping) today... we didn't buy much, but in the back room of one shop, I spotted what looked like a pair of soft upper Jeep doors. I picked them up and found what appeared to be a new top with them.

My Jeep is pretty close to needing a new top, so I asked the shop owner... he had a pile of soft top components... package deal, buy it all for $100... and he threw in a set of NIB LED headlights...

I ended up with a new complete top... Besttop sailcloth OEM replacement with tinted windows, a slightly used top panel, and four sets of the soft upper door panels. My Jeep has the full doors, so I don't need the uppers...

20230826_201904.jpg

And the LED headlights, which I may or may not use...

20230826_202431.jpg

-Bear

Another thread revival/ update...

The Jeep has a leaking pinion seal on the front differential that I need to replace... I'm planning to tackle that very soon.

Also, the tires have aged out... they still have plenty of tread, but they are now 10 years old and beginning to show cracks between the treads. The wheels and tires that are on it came off a 2014 Wrangler JK... the JK's had a different bolt pattern (5 on 5" instead of 5 on 4½") so I've been using wheel spacer/ adapters. I decided it's time to get away from that...

I've been looking for a set of the OEM wheels that originally came on the Jeep...

0414000830.jpg

...they come up for sale fairly often, but sell quick... I haven't had any luck getting a set until today.

20240508_141833.jpg

I picked up 6 fairly cheaply. The two on the left are slightly darker and have some staining in the paint... the other four cleaned up nicely. I'll use the top left wheel for a spare and put the bottom left wheel in storage.

-Bear

Back