Jd garage plasma table

Is the purpose of the cantilevered gantry to let you slip larger sheets on the table?

I would be concerned about the cutting torch bouncing and shaking with that design. My understanding is the floating gantry arm is supported be 3D printed plastic guide brackets? Hmmm....????

A conventional gantry secured on both sides would make me feel more comfortable.
I don’t think the cantilever will be a problem with its size. It will help with loading for sure. I also was concerned about 3D printed parts. But. The only thing the 3D parts are doing is mounting ldler wheels for travel. The square ng is taking the load.

I also think the gantry can be lighten by moving that axis motor. His design has it on the z axis mount. Where I think you can relocate the motor to the double 2” tubing. Keep the motors stationary.
I’m gonna start collecting materials and do alittle more research.

I also think the gantry can be lighten by moving that axis motor. His design has it on the z axis mount. Where I think you can relocate the motor to the double 2” tubing. Keep the motors stationary
Also my thoughts. Additionally, could you use some 80/20 extrusions for the cantilever to further lighten it.
Check out the plasma table by @Tmate HERE for an example of using 80/20

I did see a guy on utube that used an aluminum piece of 2x2. There was sag I can’t remember if he was the one that basically put a roller on the end of the cantilevered arm. There is framing from the table that the wheel is able to ride on. It eliminated any sag. With the redesign I was thinking of it would put all the motors for the x&y on the main frame. I don’t think I will put a z axis motor on. Fairly easy to set height and run with it.
As for aluminum tubing or 80/20 I don’t think it’s a good environment for it. I have a friend that has had a 5x10 for awhile. His setup uses 80/20 for the beam on the gantry with v groove bearings that ride the groove within the 80/20. With all the metal dust from the plasma getting on the 80/20 the bearings are lapping the grit into the aluminum. No good!

Is that a particular software version (possibly with minor updates) usable forever?
Many software providers are moving to a rental plans (yearly or monthly).

Thanks,
Brian
They are both a buy version. Not rental that is why I chose them

He says he’s using fusion 360 the free version. Idk what he is using to process.
I believe fusion 360 has a processor program built it but not for sure. I use Solidworks for cad stuff.

To lower software costs, you could use GRBL and a microcontroller board (Arduino or similar) or LinuxCNC. Fusion360 has a CAM setup that should be able to export code for it.

To lower software costs, you could use GRBL and a microcontroller board (Arduino or similar) or LinuxCNC. Fusion360 has a CAM setup that should be able to export code for it.
that is what JDs did they wrote custom Adriano code for the controller and THC.

Back