I've gone and done it now !

Hey Andre, thanks for the tip on the counter top material.That was my first choice,I'll see if i can come up with some aluminum.
Eddie

Congrats. Keep us informed and post up some pics when you get it.

Mike.

Well today is tusday the 8th. Where is the Pics.

Got it home,work still to do.I'll try photos later .they are not cooperating this morn.
Eddie

- - - Updated - - -

one more tryth_20140708_144536_zps1b8ce66b.jpg the base

- - - Updated - - -

the machineth_20140708_185030_zpsc7976349.jpg

Last edited:
Ok , I got the machine in it's spot and run through all the RPM ranges.It's broke in and ready to work.I played around with it alittle this past weekend to try and get the feel of the machine.The one thing that bothers me is the work height.With the vise bolted to the table it is about waist high. So now what ,move it and pour a riser pad or build a steel riser to go under the cabinet.Either way I must remedy this problem because I can not see what is going on without bending over in a uncomfortable position. I will keep you posted.
Eddie

Ok , I got the machine in it's spot and run through all the RPM ranges.It's broke in and ready to work.I played around with it alittle this past weekend to try and get the feel of the machine.The one thing that bothers me is the work height.With the vise bolted to the table it is about waist high. So now what ,move it and pour a riser pad or build a steel riser to go under the cabinet.Either way I must remedy this problem because I can not see what is going on without bending over in a uncomfortable position. I will keep you posted.
Eddie

There is nothing wrong with making your equipment your own by making them more comfortable to use. I have found with nearly all of my equipment I have had to customize them to fit my comfort level. I am 6'2" and my son is 6'4" so by adding some height it makes them much more comfortable to use. My Jet 20" drill press I fabricated a 6" riser between the base and the column. When I had originally ordered my PM932PDF I had planned on fabricating a riser out of 2"x4" tubing along with some adjustable feet to get me approx. 5-6" of height. After changing my order to a PM935TV I still think I am going to do the same thing as I have a feeling it will still be low for me.

Mike.

Congrats on the new machine. My suggestion is to build a riser with a drawer between the machine and base. Another way would be to ditch the original base and build a base to incorporate a drawer section from an old metal office desk. I say "old" because they were much stronger than the newer disposable versions. The base for my Grizzly 0720 is done this way as is my welding cart. The welding cart has a Lincoln 180c and Dynasty 200 dx side by side on top and lots of room for "stuff" in the drawers.

I just sit on a stool to run my G0704. It is a little lowe to stand up. But I don't mind sitting.:whistle:

I do have a good bit of Corian counter top material,thought that might be good to do some practice on.
Eddie

the corian will be great for playing around. i use it frequently in my work and it is easy enough to cut to not harm the machinery but it acts well in seeing what the mill will do.

Back