I've gone and done it now !

gredpe3

Active User
Registered
Just ordered the Grizzly 0705,already have recieved a starter kit from LMS. I have gotten lost looking at cutters and slitters and all that.So first things first,get the machine in place and then worry about the rest.This will be my first mill/drill so the learning curve will be straight up.:bitingnails:
Eddie

Start with the basics, take things slow, and read everything you can find. And above all, have fun! :)

Bill

… and get a lot of HDPE and Delrin scraps to learn, before to move to stainless steel :) !

I do have a good bit of Corian counter top material,thought that might be good to do some practice on.
Eddie

congratulations on the new mill
you will have hundreds of hours of fun!!!
be sure to post pics and let us know when you get it!!

I got the shipping confirmation and delivery is set for Tuesday 7/8/14.Did a little cleaning and picked out the spot for it.I cannot wait,have not been this excited in awhile.This is rite up there with my Evenheat Oven and KMG Grinder.
Eddie

Congratulations! Still trying to raise funds to get my mill. Keep us posted when you receive it. I am really considering the 0704 or might jump to the 0755. Have fun with it but most importantly, be safe!

Howie

I got a call today from the Shipping Co.Scheduled to get my Machine tomorrow between 10am and 2pm.The lady was real nice and set it up to come to my Buisness address so i wont have to leave work and go home to recieve it.
Eddie

Congrats!

I'd start with aluminum as a practice materiel. VERY easy to machine and to learn with. Plastic gets too stingy and when it overheats it is a real mess.
Don't use composite countertop material, it ruins cutters (that's why laminate flush trim bits are carbide) and is one real mess to clean!

Back