it followed me home, can I keep it?

macrnr

Active User
Registered
I'm trying to figure out how to explain this to my wife. Wilton 3579 Horizontal Bandsaw I couldn't refuse when I got it for 350 bucks. I still have to get it home and clean it up.

wilton.jpg

Get it home when she is not there and when she see's it tell her it was in the back of the shop covered up and she just didn't see it.:biggrin:

Nice saw and a good price.

Paul

Keep the wife happy, pack it up and send it to me.:lmao: But I have no room for one that big:mad:

Last machine i bought picked up by a freind he left it in his truck as soon as she left another machine
rolled in, took it off with my backhoe in it went, plywood leaning against it until the dust settled. Even
now she walks right by it to feed shop cat. Its grey looks like every thing else. However last week I
found my fathers SB bench grinder in the back of dump truck scrap,the work of one of my hatchlings.
Stripped it painted, new stones works perfectly quiet. So I put a S.B. decal on, she walks in and
where you get that thing and how much? Ask my father, he bought it in the 1930's why do you need
5 grinders ? I say why dont you just feed the cat.. You missy are now treading on a sacred area/peroid.
the other Sam

I had one exactly like that one. Got away from me several years ago. Now have a Grizzly 4 x 7 saw. Sure miss that Wilton saw!:footinmouth:

That saw looks to be in excellent shape and really not all that old either. A good cleaning and she'll be good as new. SWEET!

Well, I got it home today and it works like a charm. The only problem it seems to have is the coolant pump is not working. I happen to have a spare laying around, so no problem there. I purchased the machine at auction from the city water department, and they are pretty spoiled over there in the public sector. A small problem like a coolant pump, time to get a new one. My gain! Sweet machine, I am a happy camper!

All of my life it has been a hobby of mine to restore old machinery. For the longest while I didn't have very much equipment and it really cramped my ability to do the job right. Today I used my metal lathe and drill press and fabricated a down feed knob for my new band saw. There was many a time I had wished for a lathe, and today it all came together. The pan had something heavy dropped on it and I pulled the saw off and straightened it up. The coolant pump is new, but it gad been wired wrong. I think that is why the saw went to auction, but I rewired it and it works great. And lastly I fabricated a new knob for the hydraulic down feed. As you can see, the saw works great. That is a 6" piece of aluminum that I cut in half. The only problem now, is I don't have room in my shop for the beast. I am thinking that is a good excuse to build carport for my metal cutting and welding operations. You gotta love it!

IMG_1974.JPG IMG_1977.JPG IMG_1976.JPG IMG_1978.JPG

Back