Is This An Oil Or Grease Point?

1cjk

Registered
Registered
I just got an Enco 9x49 with vati speed. I'm going through it doing all the maintenance on it as per the manual. The manual is not to clear in the diagrams but has an arrow pointing to that side of saying to "Remove grub screw, screw in tube & squeeze in required amount". In the manual it says it is liberating the bull gear shifting mechanism. Is that a grub screw and if so how would you remove it?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

That looks like a ball oiler to me. you depress the ball by pushing the nozzle of an oil can into it, and give it a few pumps. Not very technical or accurate, but some oil is better than no oil! Sorry I can't be of more help, but i am sure there will be another owner along soon who knows the machine and what to do with it!
Phil

That looks like a ball oiler to me. you depress the ball by pushing the nozzle of an oil can into it, and give it a few pumps. Not very technical or accurate, but some oil is better than no oil! Sorry I can't be of more help, but i am sure there will be another owner along soon who knows the machine and what to do with it!
Phil
+1. Squirt some oil in there. There is a spring behind the ball. The ball pushes in, the oil goes in, you remove the spout and the ball pops back out, sealing the opening. If you push the ball in too far, it can get stuck down in there. Don't ask me how I know...

Back