Is the HTP 200tlp any good ?

Wow, that's some expensive dsp chip !
I only have a cheap automatic hood, I think solar and battery backup, but that is reassuring to hear about there were no problems.
How does it run 6010 ?
Thanks again

Wow, that's some expensive dsp chip !
I only have a cheap automatic hood, I think solar and battery backup, but that is reassuring to hear about there were no problems.
How does it run 6010 ?
Thanks again

It can run two simultaneously if I want it to...just like this.....

So yea, it can run it like nobody's business. It eats other sticker welders for breakfast. :cool:

Yes
Still kinda amazing.
looks like a quality machine.
I just keep running 5/32 7018 and never really went past whatever the duty cycle is on this old welder.
30% 160-170 amps may be a bit limiting if I understand it right. 3 minutes of welding in ten minute period

Yes
Still kinda amazing.
looks like a quality machine.
I just keep running 5/32 7018 and never really went past whatever the duty cycle is on this old welder.
30% 160-170 amps may be a bit limiting if I understand it right. 3 minutes of welding in ten minute period
Yes, but that is my guesstimate, not written in stone. IMO, You'd have to be like Robin Hood and pull out another rod like an arrow from behind your back and continue immediately without any chipping or wire-brushing or wire-wheeling with only max 3-second down-time (IMO) to fully meet a given duty cycle on a stick welder. In the real-world I've yet to see anyone actually do that, with any stick welder, so each time you stop to re-position, get a new rod, chip slag, wire-brush, wire-wheel with an angle grinder, get a new part to weld up, etc, is all rest-time for the machine. The rest-time is just as cumulative as the arc on-time for the duty cycle. But yea, the small-form factor is the only downside to this machine, as it can only dissipate so much heat in it's small-size. But I honestly think you'd have a be a full-blown pipe welder with a fitter by yourside that is doing all that other work for you, so the only thing you're actually doing is welding non-stop, minute-after-minute. Then I can see someone really taxing this machine. But for typical stuff with only one person doing everything, I don't really think it would pose too much of a problem.

Thank you for you in depth comment.
I think I will pull the trigger once Spring comes around and I can stick weld outside.
Thanks again

Thank you for you in depth comment.
I think I will pull the trigger once Spring comes around and I can stick weld outside.
Thanks again
I was wondering why, since it's about 78°F outside.....but then I saw your location. Yes, spring would be much better for you.:D

Back