Is the HTP 200tlp any good ?

Cr2348455

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
Has anyone used this welder. Manual gives a note about low frequency on pulse mode that could interfere with a pacemaker and automatic hoods. Also says some individuals may find the low frequency uncomfortable.
Thanks

I would be cautious about using any welder, especially a modern inverter type, around anyone with a pacemaker
-Mark

Hi everyone,
Has anyone used this welder. Manual gives a note about low frequency on pulse mode that could interfere with a pacemaker and automatic hoods. Also says some individuals may find the low frequency uncomfortable.
Thanks
I have the HTP Pro pulse 200 and I love it. Amazing welder. It will also do stick welding. I use it for MIG and it is really good.

Ariel

I have one. Do a search here and you can find some videos I made last April, as well as some videos from this past December when I built a steel rack out of scrap pipe.

I think all the manuals have that safety precaution (from HTP that is). They have to cover themselves.

Is it any good? It's a damned good stick welder. An acquaintance of mine who has been welding >20yrs also has one, previously had two Lincoln SA200's, and currently has a Vantage 400. According to him, the Vantage 400 has a better arc than the SA200, and the 200TLP's arc is just as good as the Vantage 400, but has more adjustability with Hot-Start, Arc-Force, and Pulse.

I have the HTP Pro pulse 200 and I love it. Amazing welder. It will also do stick welding. I use it for MIG and it is really good.

Ariel

I just put a custom made 20ft MIG gun on mine, with a carbon graphite liner. It used to be amazing before, now it's even better! :cool:

Thank you General Zod
I will watch your videos with great interest.
I was most concerned about any problems with my automatic hood.
I presently have a Miller Dial Arc, with 100 amp service. It is really the only welder I have ever used.
I like to run 5/32" 7018 at about 160-170 amps
on 1/2" steel. Runs great , nice arc and easy to use.
Just heavy when needing to move.
This HTP 200tlp is like 20 lbs, amazing.
It seems as though this machine gives a better arc than two very nice machines, and 3 if you add a Dial Arc.
jonath

That sounds awesome.
You have some amazing collection of machines !
I love to stick weld. I find it challenging and very satisfying.
I tried Tig on a Miller maxstar and it was just to slow for me.
Tried mig on a buddy's Lincoln , but there was not much challenge, and I am a beginner.

Thank you General Zod
I will watch your videos with great interest.
I was most concerned about any problems with my automatic hood.
I presently have a Miller Dial Arc, with 100 amp service. It is really the only welder I have ever used.
I like to run 5/32" 7018 at about 160-170 amps
on 1/2" steel. Runs great , nice arc and easy to use.
Just heavy when needing to move.
This HTP 200tlp is like 20 lbs, amazing.
It seems as though this machine gives a better arc than two very nice machines, and 3 if you add a Dial Arc.
jonath

I think I have some 5/32" 7018s but I haven't ran them on the 200TLP yet. At that amperage (160-170A) expect about 30% duty cycle, maybe a tad more if it is a nice cool day. I've never used that Miller dial arc, but yea I can tell you it (the 200TLP) runs very very very nice. I was initially boggled as to why it cost sooooo much compared to other similar machines out on the market, and I was told by HTP that on the main PCB/logic board, they implemented a very high-end DSP chip that is responsible for the great arc dynamic. I don't remember exactly, but from what I think I recall, they said that DSP chip alone is worth about 1/3 the selling cost of the machine. When I got mine and ran some rods, it all made sense and the cost was justified. :)

As far as the hood issue, I've not had any flashing issues with my Optrel hoods when using pulse.

Back