Is it worth it

GOOD SHOW....He's probably telling you the truth about it's accuracy (In his hands)When you pick it up ask him to throw in some cut off scraps for practice ...:) and any thing else he can spare as far as tooling. When I bought my lathe he was asking 1900 and he wouldn't budge but it was a great deal and I jumped on it ....I think once you start working with it you will feel the same....NO comparison to what 1700 will get you in Asian IMHO
Keep posting about your score and regards

Great score! When do you get to pick it up? Have a place ready to set it in? I agree with Marcel, see if he'll throw in some drop/scrap so you'll have something to turn on when you get it in place.

Congrats again!!

CH--very glad you got it--you got a lot of value with it and it willl make you a nice shop lathe--Dave

Great score! When do you get to pick it up? Have a place ready to set it in? I agree with Marcel, see if he'll throw in some drop/scrap so you'll have something to turn on when you get it in place.

Congrats again!!
Hi All
Well I would have had it already, but we had a storm with 50-60mph winds and snow and ice so I asked if he could keep it until tomorrow. It should be dry and in 50+ temp wise so it wont be a problem Thur. I'm looking forward to having good old American "Iron in the shop. I have a 20'x48' shop to put it in and already have power wired for it so all I need is setup, level it, and bolt it to the concrete floor and start cutting. I have a Fogbuster coolant system to install. My first upgrade is install a 3ph 1.5hp and the VFD so I can have a range of RPM for cutting AL, brass and bronze. I sure want to thanks everyone here for their great contrabutionns to help me make a good deal. I'll post pix when I get it set up.
Again thanks Everyone
CH

Hi All
Well I would have had it already, but we had a storm with 50-60mph winds and snow and ice so I asked if he could keep it until tomorrow. It should be dry and in 50+ temp wise so it wont be a problem Thur. I'm looking forward to having good old American "Iron in the shop. I have a 20'x48' shop to put it in and already have power wired for it so all I need is setup, level it, and bolt it to the concrete floor and start cutting. I have a Fogbuster coolant system to install. My first upgrade is install a 3ph 1.5hp and the VFD so I can have a range of RPM for cutting AL, brass and bronze. I sure want to thanks everyone here for their great contrabutionns to help me make a good deal. I'll post pix when I get it set up.
Again thanks Everyone
CH

COOL! You know we like pics. Can't wait to see it spinnin'!

UGH.. "We" gotta wait another day?:whistle: :rofl:

Seriously tho', it looks like a nice unit. I have a 108 and it looks a lot like that one, I hope your as happy with it as I am with mine!

Now you'll be turned into a tool junkie! :winner: watching all the auction places for micrometers and tool bits etc. etc. etc.... rofl!:whiteflag:

Nice buy, happy the you were able to get it. Make sure you get us some pictures once you set her up.

Paul

Back