Is eagle oil cans still the best?

Some more good info on the Reilang I thinking of picking one of these up. Quality is top notch it seems even after all these years. But shipping is ridiculous if ordering just one maybe a good opportunity to sell a few on ebay.

Looking for a good oil can with flex spout something like a vintage Eagle No. 33 or a Eagle No. 29 can. What is the best brand for new with flex spout you can buy

Eagle oil cans at Tractor Supply? The only ones I see there are the Performance Tool ones (Same as Harbor Freight, different paint), and the goldenrod ones. Goldenrod ones are pretty OKish. At under 20 bucks, and the spot welds don't come unglued by themselves (much), That's kinda what most of mine are.

any German makers?

Reiling might be the brand you're thinking of. Never stumbled on one. While I've settled in on "good enough", I wouldn't mind better either. But I'm not shipping in stuff from all over the place to test them all... Reiling's are a little different shaped, and allegedly they are top shelf. Unfortunately, oil cans are getting a little bit dated, so the top shelf might be the one at the back of the warehouse, covered in dust. I dunno. But maybe that name will help you out.

Eagle what models are the best I see tractor supply has them but the paint job on them looks cheep and assume the internals are to.

Eagle oil cans at Tractor Supply? The only ones I see there are the Performance Tool ones (Same as Harbor Freight, different paint), and the goldenrod ones. Goldenrod ones are pretty OKish. At under 20 bucks, and the spot welds don't come unglued by themselves (much), That's kinda what most of mine are. They've got Eagle GAS cans there.....

Eagle doesn't (to my knowledge) produce their own oil cans any more. Maybe it's made under license? Or maybe they do still make them, but I've never seen one newer than "really old". They got bought up by Justrite, the safety container, flammables cabinet, rag bucket, butt bucket people. They still make the awesome metal gas cans with the spring loaded lid. Basically they stopped making anything that isn't OSHA mandated, as that's kind of their claim to fame these days is meeting compliance, more so than canning jars and oil cans.,

Reiling's are a little different shaped, and allegedly they are top shelf. Unfortunately, oil cans are getting a little bit dated, so the top shelf might be the one at the back of the warehouse, covered in dust. I dunno. But maybe that name will help you out.
The Reilang have two advantages.
  1. A non-flange tank like an aluminum water bottle. The Reilang weight much more.
  2. A double pump meaning they generally retain a prime and will work from any angle.

Yes, over seas shipping from anyplace is expensive and I defiantly gritted my teeth.

A quick eBay check shows one vendor in Canada, shipping isn't any different. Found one other source in Great Britain, Blackgates Engineering. Old school PDF catalog, their price is 33.10 pounds. Would have to ask them about shipping.

I bought a Goldenrod off Amz for my ball oilers. Having read many of the comments here lamenting about the leakage around the bottom, I cleaned it well with some ISP before putting any oil in it, and ran a thin bead of silicone around the bottom inner lip where the reservoir is crimped together. It has never leaked. I put a short piece of soft clear tubing on the tip, so I could get it to seal around the ball oilers. Worked great, until it didn't. Had to take the pump apart after about a month and rework the plunger and bore to get it to stop sticking mid-stroke. Now after basically building the damn thing over, it works great. Being made in USA doesn't mean much anymore - just an excuse to charge 2x as much? Everything's now a 'kit' we have to take to the finish line ourselves.

I thought I'd cheat the system by buying a super simple diaphragm-bottom oiler from Goldenrod. It has a threaded, gasketed spout, and it holds cutting oil as if the gasket weren't even there. It simply boggles the mind.

Back