Is eagle oil cans still the best?

rodm1

Registered
Registered
Looking for a good oil can with flex spout something like a vintage Eagle No. 33 or a Eagle No. 29 can. What is the best brand for new with flex spout you can buy any German makers? If Eagle what models are the best I see tractor supply has them but the paint job on them looks cheep and assume the internals are to.

Reilang. Expensive but I've never been sorry. Jensputzier is a great company to work with. Other threads:
Oil can for ball oilers
Ball Oiler.
Oil Can Source?
searched and fond Reilang
Humble vintage work horses of the shop
I hate oilers !
A good quality pump oiler? Do they exist?
How to best seal leaky GoldenRod oilers
Perfect Oil Can
Oil bottle?

Eagle 66 Replica oil can

Last edited:
Reilang. Expensive but I've never been sorry. Jensputzier is a great company to work with. Other discussions.

+1 for Reilang. Every time I use them I feel a pang of joy and am thankful I bit that bullet.

My experience with Goldenrod has been dismal. It would seem that they were designed to lubricate whatever they are set on, as all three that I have leak. I'm going to give Reilang a try - never heard of them before now.

GsT

Yeah Goldenrod have been hit or miss for me too. I bought a Reilang about 10 years ago and was disappointed in it. Pump was not very good. So I just ended up picking up Eagle 66's when I could.

I never knew Eagle oilers were considered the "best". :p

But seriously, I don't know why the Eagle 66 is so sought after. I finally acquired one years ago, and last year another oiler that looks very similar but no name on it. I don't see what other people see in them for the prices they sell for (which I assume is probably even crazier these days). I suppose they were great for the money back then.

I have 2 Goldenrods, no issues with either of them, neither one leaks. Well my bigger one used to but turns out it was the flexible spout. Once I figured that out I replaced it with my own custom bent rigid one & that solved the leaky puddle issue.

But I only use them for way oil. I use them cheap clear plastic "high pressure" oilers for ball oilers. They never leak for me either. Hf used to sell em for dirt cheap. I've also tried the metal versions of these, had 4 of them leak & gave up on them.

For dispensing cutting fluids I prefer to use luer lock bottles most of the time & sometimes my modified Spillmasters.

At one time I really wanted to try a Reilang. Shoulda bought one when Mcmaster still carried them. But they are too expensive for me for what they are & having to pay the extra cost to import one.

I have a Reiling, the Gummy Bears never lasted but the Oil can works great! :grin:

Back