Installed Bijur One Shot on my Bridgeport

rls1160

Registered
Registered
I acquired an old Series 1 Bridgeport mill with 32" table back in August. It had to be fully disassembled in order to move it from its basement location into my shop.

I decided to install a bijur 1 shot lube system as part of the machine reassembly.

The install of the bijur 1 shot was completed early last week. I finished final assembly of the mill Thursday and torn down, cleaned and greased the D60 Kurt vise and turtable yesterday.

16691_d7d8502a811c79016c5a2806db21c3d8.jpeg20231127_230553.jpgIMG_20231201_115100.jpgIMG_20231201_115038.jpg

Attachments

• 20231127_213301.jpg
    20231127_213301.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 20
Hi Everyone,

I finished up the Bijur install, reassembly on the mill and vise. This week I actually made some test cuts.

On reassembly my X-axis leadscrew nut was the original one piece nut. I cut the nut in half at the 2/3rds factory split. On reassembly I was able to adjust backlash to a minimum and still had smooth table travel without out binding.

I had talked to Barry at H&W prior to that modification. It worked out well for my situation.

Thank you all for like and love responses.

RickIMG_20231201_115100.jpgIMG_20231201_115038.jpg20231129_161938.jpg

Looks like you had a one shot oiler on it already.
You are not going to leave the mill on those 2x4's on edge are you? a 4x4 would be more stable, or 2- 2x4s flat... That's an accident waiting to happen, unless you put some framing between to keep them from rolling.

The one shot oiler was added just a few wkks ago. Machine was a zerk fitting set up when I bought it.

No the mill is not going to stay on those timbers. It is moving to a new location in the shop.

It will be in its permanent location by end of weekend. On the slab leveled out. I will not be bolting it to the slab as my slab has hydronic heat tubes. I may look into some type of epoxy based attachment.

Thank you

The one shot oiler was added just a few wkks ago. Machine was a zerk fitting set up when I bought it.

No the mill is not going to stay on those timbers. It is moving to a new location in the shop.

It will be in its permanent location by end of weekend. On the slab leveled out. I will not be bolting it to the slab as my slab has hydronic heat tubes. I may look into some type of epoxy based attachment.

Thank you
Your mill does not need to be attached to the floor. It does need to be leveled so it doesn't rock, but it doesn't need to be level.. They are not going to move for our hobby needs. If you were working on big stuff, it would be a good idea to bolt it down..
So what was the picture of the one shot oiler with the pull type?

Woodchucker:

Thank you for the advice. Those pics were documenting my install of a new one shot Bijur oiler system. The entire mill had to be disassembled in order to move it out of the previous owners basement. I had the mill blocked up so I could move it around with a pallet jack during the the move of all the new and existing equipment I acquired. My new shop building was being completed around the time the new equipment was acquired.

I basically had several machines in pieces staged in the new shop space. It's been a few months of electrical work, machine assembly, tooling organization and much more. I am finally getting to the point where, I can actually start using some of what I acquired.

Replacing the worm, worm wheel and worm bushings on my Logan 2557V lathe is up next.

Back