Closed INSIDE jaws for a Cushman 6" 3-jaw chuck

MyLilMule

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I came across this 6" Cushman 3 jaw chuck with a set of OUTSIDE jaws on it. I'd like to find a set of INSIDE jaws for it. Came as part of an auction lot. I'd like to use this chuck on a rotary table. I know jaws are typically ground to the chuck, and I don't think that'll be a big deal for me to do. But hoping I might find something that will work.

The outside jaws that are in there now are .726" wide, 2.635" long and the highest step is 1.75" tall. The channel is 1.127" from the top step and is .307" wide by .173" deep. I hope that's enough information. Perhaps someone has a set lying that are orphaned. I know I have a few sets like that. :)

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

Last edited:
Try Larry Vanice on PM, he had a set of outside jaws for my 6" Cushman for a reasonable price

Last edited:
Thanks, but I need INSIDE jaws. I have outside jaws, as pictured. I'm pretty sure I have the terminology correct. I figured I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

Sorry, dang phone auto correct. I meant to write that he  had a set of outside jaws for that exact same chuck that I bought some time ago and so may have an inside set. YMMV

He's a nice guy too :) I think my outside jaws were $80 from memory, which is a pretty darn reasonable price

No match for "Larry Vanice" at PM. Must go buy a different user name.

Negative results. No worries. I created a post over there, too.

Wow, I just read this post and then jumped over to PracticalMachinist only to randomly see a post by L Vanice. That's his user name over there, at least, so maybe you can contact him there.

Back