Induction brazing

I dont have any first hand experience with induction heat, I have done some silver brazing. The link I am posting are the folks I use for my supplies. They are very knowledgeable and might be able to help you with a product selection or process tips./ I would think one of the brazing pastes would be the ticket for induction brazing but again no first hand exp.
SRA Brazing Supplies

Soldering maybe, brazing, I don't think so, at least with that tool. Mike

TIG brazing requires some skill and practice, but 1/16" is pretty easy. There are still a lot of jobs that I cannot do, even with quite a bit of practice. No problem: a torch works great. We used oxyacetylene in metal shop, but oxypropane or just air-acetylene work just fine. Even a standard propane swirl torch will work on small jobs, especially with the aid of some firebrick.

I have an induction heater, not the one in the ad but a similar size. I have used it to harden the tips of tools so think it would generate enough heat to braze, but I haven't tried it for that. However, as Greg said, it can only heat what is inside the coil, so not sure how one would use it on sheetmetal.
I agree with ericc, that a good propane or acetylene-air torch, might be easier and even cheaper.

That looks like it would be good for heating up a frozen nut. Don’t think it will do any thing like what you want. Good time to brake out the oxygen acetylene torch.

Never saw a tool like that . That would have come in handy removing exhaust studs/ nuts that made using a torch a risky job . I’m going to send that link to my old boss , he might want to try one for the guys

It was just a thought. The reason I was thinking this was an option is that after examining the Amazon website and YouTube vids, I'm noticing that flexible coils are sold that can be contoured into an irregular shape and used to bring a part up to temp. Check it out here;

Thanks for all the advice!

Back