index 745 vertical mill please tell me i did well

tpic402

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Have been looking for lathes and lurking on this site for a while ran across a fella that had a wells index model 745 vertical mill he purchased it from his machinist brother 7 years ago never hooked up everything very tight, 1 broken handle, all ways and screws, table and all seem to be excellent keep in mind I am a newbie.. $1000 with tooling all collets and vise will post pics when I pick up hopefully this Sunday.

I've never seen one in person, but they look like nice solid machines from what i could gather online. Great deal too if it's in good shape. Congrats

I also looked it up online and for $1000 I think you probably got a good deal there. If you got lots of tooling then that could be the total price there alone.

You did well, its better than a J head Bridgeport.... Hell, you can even call the factory and not have to speak Chinese :)

If it does exist (We gotta see some pictures ;)) you did exceptionally well!

-Ron

YES scrap metal it does exist just got her home here are pic old home and sitting in barn on trailer for now:happyhappy: sorry about picture orientation.

photo (1).JPG photo.JPG

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Looks like you have a "keeper" there. :thumbzup: Now you just have to get it off the trailer and making chips!

Oh, and if you need help on your machine, problems/tech questions, etc. you can still give Wells Index a call. I've found them to be more than willing to help. - http://www.wells-index.com/

-Ron

Last edited:
Looks like the table on that monster is at least 5 feet. Maybe it is just an optical illusion, but Holy Cow!!! That is gonna be some serious fun once you get it unloaded and all hooked up. What tooling did it come with?
Bob

Back