"Inching" feature on my lathe for threading to a shoulder?

To thread going away from the chuck, the spindle needs to turn in reverse for RH threads.
The tool can be placed either upside down in front or right side up at the back.
For RH threads you need a RH tool because of the helix angle. A LH tool for cutting RH threads might not have enough relief angle because the helix angle is on the wrong side.

If threading to a shoulder (with or without a relief groove) is intimidating then turning the spindle by hand with a crank arm works almost as quickly as when under power.

If I have a thread that absolutely has to end at a shoulder with no relief groove I kill the power .030" short and hand turn the rest of the way using my chuck key. (no carbide allowed as it will chip) It also helps to grind the tool with the point located closer to the shoulder rather than in the center of the tool.

Bamban,
Im interested by the Kaiser print.
Released in 2018? It does not show side relief or back rake.
Is there another pic?
Patented and proprietary? What is so special about it?

Bamban,
Im interested by the Kaiser print.
Released in 2018? It does not show side relief or back rake.
Is there another pic?
Patented and proprietary? What is so special about it?

That is the only print I have. It is special in a way that it was not a catalog item. They made the run on my request. The rest of the spec is their standard design except for the offsetted centerline.

Send them a note and attach the print, you should be able to get more information and order them.

Jeff,

Looks like the post was deleted due to confidentiality of the print. Send me an email if you were not able to save it, I will send it to you.

81stfacp@gmail.com

Nez

That's correct. I also looked at their disclaimer and agree that it wasn't worth the risk. Sorry for the inconvenience but if any of you feel that you may need one, do as Bamban suggested.

Back