In need of a JET lathe manual

Flying Chips

Registered
Registered
I have looked all over for a manaul for an older JET lathe online and in every possible place I could think of. I am striking out everywhere. Would anyone possibly have a manual, or a source to purchase one, for a JET 1630 PGH? Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_5585.JPG
    IMG_5585.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 13
Hello and welcome.

I didn’t see a manual for that particular lathe in the downloads section here (just a small contribution for unlimited access. However, it’s very likely that Jet rebranded another manufacturers product so if you can figure out who they were sourcing from then you might be able to find something.

What is your desire for a manual for? Operation, repair, or just to have one?

Give us more info about what you need and someone may be able to help.

John

John,

Thanks for the input and suggestion. I think all of the three items mentioned, but mainly to understand the threading set up. There are some lables that I am not sure of, and the gearing for the threading does not seem to match the diagram, unless I am reading incorrectly. The gears I have dont all line up with the graphics as far as I can tell.

I was going to just run all of them and check them with a pitch gauge, but if I dont find out something that works, I am just as lost again.

I have looked all over for a manaul for an older JET lathe online and in every possible place I could think of. I am striking out everywhere. Would anyone possibly have a manual, or a source to purchase one, for a JET 1630 PGH? Thank you for your time!
How about this one?

Here's one I found that wasn't easy to find for me...but looks different. Any way just fyi if it helps.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Jet_1440_1660_1860_3PGH_lathe_manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Jet_1440-3PGH_PartsListsBreakdowns.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
rufus,

Thank you for attaching these. I did find one of the manuals since the only PGH I could ever seem to find online was from eBay and they were the three phase PGH lathes. That led down the rabbit hole of that lathe. I will look through them more closely.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this! Thank you as always.

Back