I'm Praying For A Miracle

My dad has a-fib and I feel so sorry,for you and your loved ones prayers sent your,way

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Thank you all...... Well, I'm off this morning for the first set of tests.... Get the rest tomorrow morning. They moved my appointment with the vascular heart surgeon from August to next Friday.( Doc said she didn't want to wait that long). They are fretting more than me.........:dunno:

Your story sounds like my grandmother's story. I was 12 years old when she had her first big stroke.
After that, the blood thinners, the pacemaker, the mini-strokes, the pill diet, and the gloom & doom predictions.
The information I got from my mother (probably over dramatized by her) that she got from my grandmother (probably over dramatized by her) and from the doctors (probably over dramatized by them) convinced me that I probably wouldn't have a grandma much longer.
I made the necessary mental preparations. I accepted that her next stroke would likely be her last. And when the next stroke came, I was ready. My heart was hard, braced for shock. She lived. I breathed a sigh of relief and I accepted that her next stroke would likely be her last. And when the next stroke came, I was ready. My heart was hard, braced for shock. She lived. I breathed a sigh of relief ... (repeat X dozens of times).
It turned into me just "waiting for her time to come..." (probably next year)... for almost 2 decades.
In those 18 years I grew apart from her. Cold as it may sound, she was already dead to me, several times over.
I had worked so hard to prepare myself for her to be gone that I grew to think of her as already gone.
She passed 2 weeks ago from dementia. Her funeral felt like a mere formality, and I have a lot of regretful and even guilty feelings about that.

The point of my story is, don't let the doctor's predictions about your condition change you or the way you think about yourself.
Control the dissemination of information about your condition so as not to cause undue alarm in your family.
Don't let a prognosis end you before you're done.

Thoughts and prayers go with you... Have a safe trip, get well soon.
Bill

Your story sounds like my grandmother's story. I was 12 years old when she had her first big stroke.
After that, the blood thinners, the pacemaker, the mini-strokes, the pill diet, and the gloom & doom predictions.
The information I got from my mother (probably over dramatized by her) that she got from my grandmother (probably over dramatized by her) and from the doctors (probably over dramatized by them) convinced me that I probably wouldn't have a grandma much longer.
I made the necessary mental preparations. I accepted that her next stroke would likely be her last. And when the next stroke came, I was ready. My heart was hard, braced for shock. She lived. I breathed a sigh of relief and I accepted that her next stroke would likely be her last. And when the next stroke came, I was ready. My heart was hard, braced for shock. She lived. I breathed a sigh of relief ... (repeat X dozens of times).
It turned into me just "waiting for her time to come..." (probably next year)... for almost 2 decades.
In those 18 years I grew apart from her. Cold as it may sound, she was already dead to me, several times over.
I had worked so hard to prepare myself for her to be gone that I grew to think of her as already gone.
She passed 2 weeks ago from dementia. Her funeral felt like a mere formality, and I have a lot of regretful and even guilty feelings about that.

The point of my story is, don't let the doctor's predictions about your condition change you or the way you think about yourself.
Control the dissemination of information about your condition so as not to cause undue alarm in your family.
Don't let a prognosis end you before you're done.

I hope they are over dramatizing ..... But I don't know..... I plan on being here a lot more years..... But I don't know ....... I don't have to worry about anyone else as I am alone...... No wife, haven't seen my kids in years, they know nothing. Just me and my dogs, and my dogs need me.

reminds me of a good friend that was told she had end stage cancer (forget the actual grade) and that she had 6 months to live. She lived for 11 more years.

Mark,
I wish you the best ! I know someday I will be going through some of the same things. I have a pacemaker/defibrillator now that the lower half of my heart relies on for the signal to pump. Without it I would not be here now. But I have been living with my heart problems since I had an open heart operation in 1961. They told me then that I would most likely be bed ridden by the time I was 21. Well being the stubborn person that I am I am now 66 and still around. I may have heart problems and cancer but I will not let it get me til I am ready !!!

Hang in there guy. Too many people enjoy your work so we need you around for a while yet.

Back