I'm looking for information on this bandsaw.

pineyfolks

Active User
Registered
I'm trying to find the manufacturer of this saw. Any information would be appreciated

Attachments

• received_359415242325866.jpeg
    received_359415242325866.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 55
Wow, if it weren't for the sheet metal work on the guard, I'd say it was shop-built. The C-frame is box tube and the layout is practical, but the blade guard hinge detail seems refined enough to be commercial. Lots of table space there. Is it for metal or wood?

I agree with Pontiac man:), it looks like a shop made saw.

I poked around for a while after you first posted the picture and couldn’t find anything that came close. My suspicion is shop built as well, it reminds me of something one might find as a Popular Mechanics project. A fair amount of design and time, but just something about it doesn’t say factory-made to me.

A peek beneath the covers would probably confirm whether it's shop-made or not.
Interesting design for a 3-wheeler, well executed
If I was going to build one from scratch I'd go the extra mile and put a variable speed motor
-Mark

If I was going to build one from scratch I'd go the extra mile and put a variable speed motor
-Mark
Maybe, I’ve seen stuff that was pre production that was what I’d call factory shop made. i can’t remember if they had a tag or not. But I’ve seen stuff that was factory made with not tags too.

I’ve never had a 3 wheel but it can be tricky enough to get a 2 wheel to track right.

One thing I can’t live without now is a cast iron table with a miter slot.

I reduced the speed and use it for metal cutting but I can switch it back easily. The motor guards, guide wheel guards and table I built. I added a 3/4 up motor. I don't think it's homemade. The only thing close that I found similar was this. The frame design looks close.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Mark
The tracking adjustment, blade tension adjustment and belt tension adjustment look factory to me. There are no tags or information under the guards. The next modification will most likely be a treadmill motor.

I would think if you want to go from 3,000ftmin for wood to say 120ftmin for metal without some kind of reduction a treadmill motor would be a poor choice. The slower a dc motor goes through electronic means the more puny it gets. And right when you need the umph the most like cutting metal. When I changed my 14” bandsaw from wood to metal I did a double belt reduction of the motor that came on it and don’t miss the speed variation. But that’s just me as I don’t use it for wood.

I would think if you want to go from 3,000ftmin for wood to say 120ftmin for metal without some kind of reduction a treadmill motor would be a poor choice. The slower a dc motor goes through electronic means the more puny it gets. And right when you need the umph the most like cutting metal. When I changed my 14” bandsaw from wood to metal I did a double belt reduction of the motor that came on it and don’t miss the speed variation. But that’s just me as I don’t use it for wood.
I've set it up with a double belt reduction now. It's easy to switch back. I'll probably leave it on even if I go with a treadmill motor. Thanks for the info.

Back