I think this is my next project car

Actually it is still here. The driver timed out his 14 hour day and is spending the night in my shop parking lot. He will be heading out in the morning.

At least it's loaded, was the 12 bolt able to make it on?

The pickup before the Chevy took 3 hours to load and Tim was mad. Car had flat tires and the brakes were locked up. It had been sitting outside for 14 years. Needless to say that was not conveyed prior to pick up. That put him behind schedule.

I bet he was pi**ed. When I asked for a shipping quote they have several questions about does it run and move. Then if it doesn't run, does it roll, steer, and do the brakes work. If any of the answer to any of those questions is no then it's an additional $150 or more depending on what's needed to load it.

And even though I said yes on the form that it runs they quizzed me about it on the phone and made sure I knew there would be additional costs if it didn't.

The car arrived on Friday. Been busy checking it out and fixing a few things.

I'm super happy about the car. Tom was really great and did everything I asked. The worst part was trying to get the shipping worked out, but in the end I got a really great driver who was really careful about the car.

20220731_104913.jpg

I was waiting for an update. :)

I've been waiting for parts. The rear calipers I think are off of a cadillac seville and the replacements are special order, and so are the pads. I'll know if they are off the caddy when the new ones come in.The pads are soaked on one side so ordered new ones. I ordered calipers for both sides. My thought is if one blew the other one isn't far behind it. Had a really hard time getting the lines off the calipers so am replacing the lines.

I also ordered front window tracks and I'm sorting out the power window wiring. Got the antenna on today while I'm waiting for parts. Am working on the looseness in the steering column also.

Last edited:
Back