[Deals] I think I got quite a deal!

Are you sure that was not hot or something like that. Around here the box would cost you more than that, much less any of the tools in it.

There's a lot of guys who just want to know their stuff is going to be put to use, and not immediately flipped on ebay for a profit. Strike up a good conversation and they'll want you to walk off with their tools no matter how little money you have. Everybody wins, except ebay :)

I do have a 40” lathe in storage but I want to start with something smaller.

That's a pretty good sized machine (I'm guessing you are following the "American" designation of swing over the bed, not the European convention of center height) - I understand wanting to start with something smaller. I assume that is 30 HP (or more) - how are you powering it?

I'm jealous, it would just be so cool to pull the handles on that much iron (the novelty may wear off pretty quick).

That's a heck of a nice score! You deserve 3
:you suck::you suck::you suck:

:beer mugs:

Nice deal! The Indicol is worth at least half of your investment!

Sorry what’s the indicol? ( showing my noobiness)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black C shaped indicator holder in the second to last pic. Assuming it's an original, judging by the age of everything else it probably is. There are many cheap knock offs, later real Indicols are red now.

I've used it for some really odd jobs in the past, but their main purpose is using it on a typical knee mill. It clamps on the spindle and can be used to tram the table, indicate a vice or work piece.

Back