I need some confirmation

you'd want to make a die that locates one edge of the flat stock, then does both bends at the same time. I'd make it out of alu first to work out exact dimensions, then one out of steel. Doing 2000 on a hydraulic press would get old really quickly, an arbor press would be much quicker.

I'd bill materials + 100% for the pieces, plus around 10 hours at whatever rate you think is appropriate for the die design and making. Hopefully that'll make enough profit to buy an arbor press :)

you'd want to make a die that locates one edge of the flat stock, then does both bends at the same time. I'd make it out of alu first to work out exact dimensions, then one out of steel. Doing 2000 on a hydraulic press would get old really quickly, an arbor press would be much quicker.

I'd bill materials + 100% for the pieces, plus around 10 hours at whatever rate you think is appropriate for the die design and making. Hopefully that'll make enough profit to buy an arbor press :)
Sounds like a plan

you'd want to make a die that locates one edge of the flat stock, then does both bends at the same time.
I am thinking of making a mold and to that can take 5 or so strips at a time. Doable?

My press has a footpedle. That helps

as long as you can keep them all aligned against the work stop, no reason why not. It would certainly speed up the processing time!

you're not working with thick material, so you might be able to get away with some pre hard steel. I'm far from being an expert though.

One thing I will add though is that some stainless is an absolute bear to bend without cracking. I don't know the grade, but one piece I have always cracks before 90deg. then I forget about it, put it in the pile and remember why it's in the pile next time I try and bend some. So you may need to do some experimenting with grade and corner radius.

Back