I need a stripper

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
So I am wiring a fairly large panel for a work project I have. I have to strip about 2400 x #6 AWG TEW/MTW stranded wires. I'm looking for a wire stripper that I can use to do this job. The TEW wire has thick insulation. I bought a Knipex that is rated to #5 AWG but it really struggles with this wire. I think it will break and break my wrist before wire 100 or so. The Knipex for smaller wires is awesome but not so much for #6 TEW. I've tried the type that has a small point blade and you spin it around the wire (Ideal brand) but that seems to take forever. Possibly the blade is just dull.

Someone know of a good stripper out there?

A #6 no she’s about a 8or 9 pretty thick skin and sharp as a tack. Going through school if IRC. But due to COVID I haven’t seen her in awhile. :rolleyes:
For thicker wires it’s usually a razor blade spin it around and give a slice down the length and it peels right off.

A #6 no she’s about a 8or 9 pretty thick skin and sharp as a tack. Going through school if IRC. But due to COVID I haven’t seen her in awhile. :rolleyes:
For thicker wires it’s usually a razor blade spin it around and give a slice down the length and it peels right off.

I was just on a job, where the whole electrical contractor company was kicked off the job, for using a razor knife to strip the insulation. On arrival, they went through an in-depth orientation class stating that procedure was totally forbidden, a proper stripper had to be used.

So I am wiring a fairly large panel for a work project I have. I have to strip about 2400 x #6 AWG TEW/MTW stranded wires. I'm looking for a wire stripper that I can use to do this job. The TEW wire has thick insulation. I bought a Knipex that is rated to #5 AWG but it really struggles with this wire. I think it will break and break my wrist before wire 100 or so. The Knipex for smaller wires is awesome but not so much for #6 TEW. I've tried the type that has a small point blade and you spin it around the wire (Ideal brand) but that seems to take forever. Possibly the blade is just dull.

Someone know of a good stripper out there?
Yes 33x 867 5309
Ask for Tiffany

Back