I just won an auction too.

That saw is the same as my SawMaster, You mite want to check and see if it cuts on the back stroke. I got a manual on line some where and it is setup that way.

Paul

20 minutes ago I won the bidding on a pretty clean and pretty cool little power hacksaw 3 hours South of me.

It's a Miller-Knuth that was owned by a prestigious private college in Northfield MN (the town which ran the James gang out back in the day, gotta love hick Minnesotans with guns!)

Anyway, I paid more than I wanted to for it but I don't feel I did too badly at $155 after tax and fees.

Here's the one picture I have of it.

Miller-Knuth_zps56f5089e.jpg

Looks good, hope it gives you years of service. I worked in one shop where they had a big production project. They used two power bandsaws and a power hacksaw to cut bar stock to length. Between loading bars of stock to cleaning all the chips out of the pans it kept me pretty busy.

Miller-Knuth_zps56f5089e.jpg

Last edited:
Nice score on the power hacksaw. That was a bargain.

I'm the guy that won the Atlas mill. I agree it was a little on the high side and unfortunately because of the way the bidding works on that site, I ended up bidding against myself, which bumped the price up another $100-150.

But I picked it up yesterday and I'm happy with the purchase. It's in good condition and has all the parts that are often missing on the "bargain" machines I see, along with a few hard-to-find accessories. For me, it was worth paying a little more to get an intact machine that I could pick up in person rather than buying a worn out machine and spending a lot of time and money hunting down all the missing bits and pieces on eBay.

Congratulations on the Atlas mill purchase. Sorry to hear that you bid yourself up a Franklin or two, though. Keep us posted as you get it set up and put it to use!

Back