I just won an auction too.

Senna

Deceased
Rest In Peace
20 minutes ago I won the bidding on a pretty clean and pretty cool little power hacksaw 3 hours South of me.

It's a Miller-Knuth that was owned by a prestigious private college in Northfield MN (the town which ran the James gang out back in the day, gotta love hick Minnesotans with guns!)

Anyway, I paid more than I wanted to for it but I don't feel I did too badly at $155 after tax and fees.

Here's the one picture I have of it.

Miller-Knuth_zps56f5089e.jpg

20 minutes ago I won the bidding on a pretty clean and pretty cool little power hacksaw 3 hours South of me.

It's a Miller-Knuth that was owned by a prestigious private college in Northfield MN (the town which ran the James gang out back in the day, gotta love hick Minnesotans with guns!)

Anyway, I paid more than I wanted to for it but I don't feel I did too badly at $155 after tax and fees.

Here's the one picture I have of it.

Cool, re-outfitting the shop, one machine at a time! That's a beefy sucker.

Ken, Congrats on the acquisition of the saw. I think you will like it! Did you happen to see what the Atlas Horizontal Mill brought?? I was out of town and was unable to check it out, had no data on my phone where I was.

Ken, Congrats on the acquisition of the saw. I think you will like it! Did you happen to see what the Atlas Horizontal Mill brought?? I was out of town and was unable to check it out, had no data on my phone where I was.

Yeah Terry, it looks like the Atlas horizontal went for $750! A total of $858 after fees and taxes.

Seems like a lot to me seeing as how I got my much larger (but still small) Nichols for $178.

The Atlas shaper went for $620 before tax and fees and the Atlas lathe went for $1060.

Great deals were not to be had in this auction apparently.

WOW!!! I went through the trouble of guiding my wife over the phone to set up an account for me so that I could have her throw a lowball bid at that horizontal mill. Got the account set up, got her back to the bidding page and someone else had already thrown out a bid that was higher than what I was willing to pay for such a small machine, yet the reserve was not yet met at that point. We gave up and walked away. It would have been a handy purchase though, since Northfield is only about 30 miles from here. But, I didn't really have any space for that machine in my budget, not to mention that I would much rather find a Clausing or a Nichols. Since I already have a Clausing 8520, getting a matching horizontal mill would be perfect!!

I'm not familiar with Clausing horizontal mills but I will tell you that the Nichols is a darn robust and accurate mid-size mill.

I paid double what I wanted to for that hacksaw but I'm fine with that as I think the machine is pretty cool.

Back