I can finally let the secret out to every one!!!! and pay Homage to one of our members.

Me too... you guys can't leave us hanging. Did it arrive safe and sound, is it up and running? Come on, pictures already!!

Paul.

Congrats Bob,
i can't wait to see pictures
:greenwithenvy:
you deserve the very best Bob,

Bill, there aren't many words to describe your actions other than amazing.
a show of friendship from a great man to another great man.

You want info you go to the horses head. The Mill is back in my possession and as soon as I get word from Bob that he is back up again and strong enough it will be delivered by me personally. Sorry for any confusion. Bob and I are in contact.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great and generous gesture on your part,Bill. I hope Beckett recovers soon and can enjoy the mill for many years to come.

First I apologize to everyone on the list. Bill has done me such a huge favor that most of you will never understand the depth of my humility. Bill and a few of his machinist buddies went out of their respective ways to create a mill I could use for the rest of my short life. His gang completely redid the whole machine to better than new and I am so appreciative of his friendship too. When I first disclosed that the mill was on the way we did not know that the final person in the chain would end up being the biggest stumbling block to the whole project. Apparently the driver of the big truck with it inside decided it would be a good idea to drink and pull out a shotgun on a man in Louisana. He ended up in jail and did a 30 day stint. When he got out he just left the truck and contents impounded and flew home. So Bill being the man he is has actually gone to a judge, gotten release papers for his freight and went all the way to louisana to retrieve the machine before it was sold as uncalled freight. In the mean time I had a couple of minor medical disasters that sent me to the hospital for most of June, so Bill has agreed that when I am well enough to do it he will bring it personally from his shop to mine. I truly apologize for tickling everyones appetite and not following up further with pics and projects. As most of you know I had a medical disaster in 2009 that left me disabled and on a fixed income, so were it not for Bill's generosity and help I would probably have had to remain mill-less for the rest of my days. Imagine if you will a 260 pound Iron worker/welder who has been reduced to a wheel chair. It aint fun and it aint der sissies either. I truly hope to rebound from the most recent issues ad return to being in my shop tinkering again soon.

Thanks!!!!
Bob

Bob, sometimes the best plans are laid to waste. Hope it all turns out for you all in the end and the journey to your place is less eventful than it was previously. Truly a great story of generosity and gratitude!!

Paul.

wow, that mill is going to have one of the coolest back stories ever! Makes my ex-tattooist's lathe look kind of lame :) Fingers crossed you're back on your feet ASAP.

wowww
Bob I hope you get better so you can enjoy your machine, as for Mr Bill my hat is off to you sir :)

A wonderful story, That's not a tear honest, I just had something in my eye. God Bless you both!

Back