Huge Machine Shop Auction - Lewiston, CA

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm stunned by the amount of equipment in this shop. Lewiston is very small and remote.

Huge shop ! Glad I'm 3000 miles away . :encourage:
I count over 20 machining centers and 40 Bridgeports, many CNC. Only 2 manual lathes, a LeBlonde and an HLV.

But hey, it's an online auction...

I agree. I've been through Lewiston several times and never realized there was a manufacturing facility like this in that little town. Sad to see another small business going belly up.
Ted

I agree. I've been through Lewiston several times and never realized there was a manufacturing facility like this in that little town. Sad to see another small business going belly up.
Ted
Some searching indicates it is part of E.H. Suda, out of San Carlos, CA. I found that the shop employed 25 people, which seems small considering the amount of stuff. Still, it's a big employment hit for a small town.

I grew up on the west side of the hills from there and fished Lewiston lake and the Trinity river a lot
never knowing the shop was there, what a bummer to see it go down must have really hurt
the area's economy fer sure.................. :frown:

I hope they are just moving out of California, and starting over, and not out of business

The company's website is gone. The founder died in December 2019, his son was running the Lewiston operation.

May have been one of those operations that are dependent on the owner's expertise. Or tax liabilities after his death forced sale. Or his heirs just wanted the money.

Very sad, I think your right, without the old man it may have just fallen apart. Now for the inventory.....Manual mills are fine by me.

:drool::drool:

better not look, I'm close enough, know where Lewiston is, could be hard on the budget!

Back