Hudson, Iowa Auction -- TONS of old iron, shapers, planers, dividing heads, etc

JRaut

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member

If you're close, this looks like an excellent opportunity to pick up a project.

Hard to believe many of these machines will go for much more than scrap price. Most of them are a bit too big for a hobby shop.

But lots of good accessories and big old drills and the like.

If I had the cash and the space, I'd drive down there with a flat bed.

That's a lot of stuff, not a lot of care taken to prevent rust it looks like. I wonder if it was shut down for awhile?

I want that planer but I cant drive or do i have a place to put it hopefully it doesn't get scraped we need to save old iron!

WOW! And 20tn of unused steel! My favs were the Marvel vertical bandsaw and the LeBlond tool grinder. Talk about some crazy huge and rare machines!

Yes, exactly. Some really cool old stuff there. Not great condition, but some of the shapers and planers don't ever come up for sale in any condition.

I figure I'd try to get the word out here just in case someone is looking for a project.

If folks like us don't snap up these machines, pretty good odds they'll be on the next truck to the scrap yard.

Yes, exactly. Some really cool old stuff there. Not great condition, but some of the shapers and planers don't ever come up for sale in any condition.

I figure I'd try to get the word out here just in case someone is looking for a project.

If folks like us don't snap up these machines, pretty good odds they'll be on the next truck to the scrap yard.
I don't even want to think about that. Very few would have the room or the wherewithal to move most of those machines. The fixtures, tooling etc are just staggering. Do you happen to know what they did there? Or why the went under?

No idea what they did, or why they closed.

I suspect the reason they closed is that it's 2021 and there doesn't seem to be a computer in sight.....

yeah, what a concept, people with actual manual skills running the machines. :(

The current prices at this time just make me sick compared to pricing in auctions here in the PNW. Of course I would assume that by close of auction tomorrow, the prices will have changed. Will be looking in to see what they go for.

After all, I just love to see how little others have to pay compared to here. :mad:

Back