How would you hold this for drilling?

Yes, you can shorten the reamer. But keep in mind that the shank is that long for flexibility so it will follow the hole. If it's too stiff, it will make its own hole path.

Pretty small and square. I would put a vise in the main vise to make a vertical vise. If you have one ? I do this alot, cuz too lazy to muck around with a Angle plate. Repeats well for multiple operations and quantities. Have fun !

Attachments

• 20240210_091241.jpg
    20240210_091241.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 18
Put the reamer in a collet for more Z and less runout. Drill chucks are not ideal for a finishing step like that.
Thank you! This is what experience does... i am so focused on not making a mistake you are thinking two steps a head of me and way to problem solve!

Pretty small and square. I would put a vise in the main vise to make a vertical vise. If you have one ? I do this alot, cuz too lazy to muck around with a Angle plate. Repeats well for multiple operations and quantities. Have fun !
All Be! I could have done this i think... i have a small Accusize vise i use on my small CNC.

I would have to see if my 4" vise opens far enough... brilliant idea!

OK everyone! Thanks for all of the help! I got it done and my bearings fit perfect!

I did not notice in the picture the bearing is proud just a bit. It does fit flush. it must not have wanted to sit still for the picture :)

Very happy and i could not have done it as accurately if i did not have your help!

1707585741458.png

Thank you! This is what experience does... i am so focused on not making a mistake you are thinking two steps a head of me and way to problem solve!
Been a machinist for 50 yrs. Still learning ! It never ends ! ! Nice job.

OK everyone! Thanks for all of the help! I got it done and my bearings fit perfect!

I did not notice in the picture the bearing is proud just a bit. It does fit flush. it must not have wanted to sit still for the picture :)

Very happy and i could not have done it as accurately if i did not have your help!

View attachment 477700
Good work

Nice job.
So of all the methods mentioned which one worked? The suspense is killing us.

Back