How To Upload

stevemetsch

Registered
Registered
I have an 8 page photo and text saga of installing a VFD and MachTach on my new PM1340GT. How do I post this to this site??? I am a complete neebee to this stuff.
SteveMetsch

Many times I will write a long post in MS Word, and where the pictures go, I will put in the file name of the picture as a place holder. You can't paste photos directly from MS Word, but you can copy and paste from a photo editor.

Like this:

Some descriptive text here

your pic1.jpg

More discriptive text

Your pic2.jpg

Then I copy and paste the text into Notepad to strip out all of the formatting that MS Word puts in, then copy and paste from Notepad into the forum text window.

Then I go through and upload (Upload A File button) the picture, files in the order I want to display them, then highlight the picture place holders in the text and click on Full Image next to the proper picture to insert the picture in place of the placeholder. I normally re-size all of my photos to 600x800 for web viewing.

Try it in the practice forum first, you will get the hang of it in a couple of posts. If you need more explanation please let us know, the staff and other members are happy to help.

Can't wait to see your post :encourage:

Some of this is specific to iPad, but should be comparable to the processes used on your system.
  1. Click "Upload a File"
  2. Click "Choose File"
  3. Select or take your photo
  4. Repeat for all additional photos
  5. Click "Full Image" where it says "Insert every image as a..."
  6. Click the left side of an image to insert text before the image and the right side of an image to insert text after the image.
  7. Copy and paste text or type it out.
  8. Click "Post Reply"

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Many times I will write a long post in MS Word, and where the pictures go, I will put in the file name of the picture as a place holder. You can't paste photos directly from MS Word, but you can copy and paste from a photo editor.

Like this:

Some descriptive text here

your pic1.jpg

More discriptive text

Your pic2.jpg

Then I copy and paste the text into Notepad to strip out all of the formatting that MS Word puts in, then copy and paste from Notepad into the forum text window.

Then I go through and upload (Upload A File button) the picture, files in the order I want to display them, then highlight the picture place holders in the text and click on Full Image next to the proper picture to insert the picture in place of the placeholder. I normally re-size all of my photos to 600x800 for web viewing.

Try it in the practice forum first, you will get the hang of it in a couple of posts. If you need more explanation please let us know, the staff and other members are happy to help.

Can't wait to see your post :encourage:

Anthony,
Well, I sent an hour getting started and entered some photos and test. Looked pretty good and I had a small message pop up periodically "draft saved".
Them it all disappeared never to be seen again. I am puzzled. I can't find any Draft or Post. I might try again next week if time allows.
Thanks for trying to help.
Steve

Before posting pictures to the forum, make sure they are not HUGE. I make mine 72 DPI, 10 inches wide. There are other ways of numbering, I'm not tech enough to know.

Back