How to direction from cw to ccw with a switch of a single phase double capacitor motor.

Hi @markba633csi and @RJSakowski . I have the switch below in my possession which I got for free. I know it is for three phase but I dont think it matters realy.
20231129_175841.jpg

I can get this switch locally too.
IMG-20231129-WA0023-1.jpgIMG-20231129-WA0022.jpgIMG-20231129-WA0021-1.jpg

My question is,can I use them together or must I only use the second one alone.

I am asking the two of you gentleman because you gave me two good options,so fight it out......just kidding.

I honestly would like to know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
Michael

I believe that it is possible to wire a 240 volt capacitor start motor for forward/reverse operation using a DPDT center Off switch. One end of the run winding would be connected to both sides of one pole with the center terminal going to one side of the line. The two sides of the other pole would be contacted to the two ends pf the run winding. The center terminal would be connected to the capacitor/centrifugal switch/start winding. The other end of the run winding would be connected to the other side of the line. Note that this would leave the motor circuitry hot at all times so for safety reasons a separate DPST switch should be used to isolate the circuitry from the line.

This works because the start circuitry of a 120/240 volt capacitor start motor is a 120 volt circuit and one end of the start winding isn't switched when running in 240 volt configuratiion. Running in 120 volt configuration, both ends of the start circuit have to be switched so a three pole center off switch is required with the third pole switching the line on and off. It can also be done with a DPDT switch without center off where the motor is turned on and off with a separate SPST switch.

Will this work? Found it on Aliexpress. It says 1 pole but it also says 4 terminals.
Four terminals means it has one common terminal and makes three position-dependent connections to other terminals.
It's a 3 position rotary switch with one 'wafer'.
Similar switches, with a stack of three-position wafers, are suitable.

A one pole three position switch will switch power on and off, but power and reversing switch requires a three-pole such switch,
in addition to having three positions (3P3T). The on-off-on (2P3T) switch is not a good choice, because the 'off' function disables the
motor without removing power; that's a safety and energy waste no-no.

Three-wafer switch using one wafer for HOT, two for reverse/forward, is minimal. Slightly better, is a four-wafer switch
using two wafers to connect/disconnect HOT and NEUTRAL power wires.

16-terminal switch

Back