How to deburr cross holes inside a bore?

dml66

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've turned, drilled and bored a part as shown below by first drilling and tapping the two cross holes, then turning the outside, then drilling and boring the inside. I did it that way because I couldn't figure out how to deburr the cross holes inside the bore if I turned and bored first. For the most part the bore is burr-free but, I think I could get a better quality bore if the tool didn't have to play whack-a-hole with the cross holes, same for the outside turn. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Holder - Edited.png

There are tools to do that, they have a spring loaded cutter on a round shank that accomplish the task; unfortunately, I don't remember who makes them ---

Perfection!

Thank you, I'll order the Noga right away!

There is an option from Amazon.

There are many other options (brands) that will work too. As Grifter mentioned, make sure you check the size.

In case you are wondering, you push the end of the tool in slightly, which allows the blade to swivel and then insert through the hole.

Last edited:
I wonder if it is because you are in the UK. The listing is current on my end and if I order it within three hours it will be here in two days.

I would suggest you check which size you need before you order one.
Good advice, thank you. The RC1000 Noga has a range of 3mm-55mm, the #6 hole I'm working with is 0.138" or about 3.5mm, I should be good to go.

Good advice, thank you. The RC1000 Noga has a range of 3mm-55mm, the #6 hole I'm working with is 0.138" or about 3.5mm, I should be good to go.

3mm to 5.5mm. Never seen a 55mm one ;)

Back