[How-To] How to attach an DTI to a Noga style holder

Brento

Registered
Registered
I am felling stupid and i dont think i have what i need to fit an indicator to this holder. Can someone please point me to what i would need?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
The pin in the second photo comes apart and attaches to the back of your indicator. It then slides into the adjustable piece at the end of the stand.

Reactions: rwm
The pin in the second photo comes apart and attaches to the back of your indicator. It then slides into the adjustable piece at the end of the stand.
Unfortunately that doesnt bc that wa a home made pin and doesnt fit. I guess i could modify that to workas i dont remember what i made that diameter for.

Unfortunately that doesnt bc that wa a home made pin and doesnt fit. I guess i could modify that to workas i dont remember what i made that diameter for.
Okay, doesn't look homemade but if you made that one you can definitely modify or make another that'll work.

John

Ill prob modify that bc i dont really have anything to fit that

if thats a true noga, your indicator will fit right into the hole in the end.
unless it's the mini holder..
put the stem of the indicator into the hole..

We profess to be machinists or are working towards that profession; use some imagination and modify or make new parts to marry up the two elements. As I understand, what you show is a dial indicator, not a DTI, which generally by definition have a lever operated probe, not the type shown.

yea, you could make new nubs.
but you could also :
20211014_225343.jpg20211014_225430.jpg

btw: my mitituyo did not have a dovetail... I made one for it to make it more versatile, when I didn't have the right size mount. Although it will fit in an indicator hole.. 3/8 is standard.

@benmychree is correct. I did mean a dial indicator. I sometimes mix them up still. I know i can make something up. Sometimes i also would rather buy the correct part that i need and then make more later on.

So to put it better i would like to know what attachments i would need for a back lug of a dial indicator like i posted with a style holder i have. I will make modifications and make other attachments later on when i am not backed up on projects.

its literally a 2-5 minute project depending on how efficient you work. 3/8 rod, turn a shoulder to thread, put a die on your threads, put a nut on.

so don't sweat it.

Back