How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters
62 in March. Retired 16 months ago. I have most of my body, and select slices of my mind still useful.
I just can't see how it could be any better.

I won't mention my waist line.
Just to brag a little, in 1973 I had a set of dress blues made up of "melton", a common at the time replacement for the wool of an issue uniform. The trousers size was 34-34, I don't remember the jumper size. Last year, almost 50 years later, I bought several pairs of jeans, mostly for work clothes. Size 34-34. No further comment. . .

A few years ago, a questionnaire was sent from our local community college to my instructor on a course that I was taking. The teacher did not teach at this school nor got paid by them. They wanted the ages, sex, race, nationality, etc. Nothing to do with the course.:cautious: My answers were age; old enough to vote. Sex; since this has nothing to do with locker rooms, it's irreverent for this course. Race and nationality; American. Well, you guys get the idea. Must admit it was fun to fill out:eagerness:. Especially after the instructor read my answers bent over laughing. :grin big:

Maybe the better question would be is your lathe older than you are. I joined the ranks of the independently poor (retired) many moons ago for health reasons and miraculously my health immediately improved. Don't miss working at all. I think that I am older than my old craftsman lathe. Not sure on that. Could be a push one way or the other.

Maybe the better question would be is your lathe older than you are. I joined the ranks of the independently poor (retired) many moons ago for health reasons and miraculously my health immediately improved. Don't miss working at all. I think that I am older than my old craftsman lathe. Not sure on that. Could be a push one way or the other.
I was two years old when my South Bend lathe was shipped in 1950. I was not the original owner.

Back