How Often Do You Get To Play With Your Toys?

How often do you get to use your machines?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Benning retired I get time to play with my toys.
this week I am making a heavy duty welding clamp. I am making it out of 4140 steel
1" X 2" by 16" for adjustments I am using 5/8" acme rod.
I busted my v belt on the lathe and haven't bought a new one yet (just lazy).

At least once a day.....even if its only for a minute since I am the sucker assigned to daily cat litter box duty in our house and both are downstairs!

I work in education in a community college, my boss is cool with me making stuff, mostly on my own time. His rational is if I find it broken, I will fix it.

My personal toys I play with on weekends but they aren't, currently, the precision tools I have. I'm educating myself in bodywork I'm mostly using my air tools and MIG welders, hacking, whacking and gluing.

I also have heavy equipment out back, when I'm not in the gay-raj gluing something I broke, I'm busy trying to put in a yard. We grow rock for fun and profit here. I have dry laid walls, patios and all manner of rock stuff all over. I'll never retire from 'work'.:confused:

The secret to a happy retirement is separate houses, I spend 90% of my awake time in the shop, I only go to the house to eat, sleep, have sex, do "honeydo's" and get my cloths washed. Building a shop and stuffing it full of tools was cheaper than a divorce.

At most, four hours per week, nag-free. Usually on a weekend day. But I have a 2 year-old and a 3 year old.

Interesting, there are at least fifty of us paying attention here nevermind the total number of registered users.

I try not to make my time in the shop seem like a 2nd job so a couple times a week for 2-4 hours.

Back