[Read!] How Much Space Do You Have in Your Machine Shop?

Mines 20 X 30, have been getting quotes to add on, may move instead. A wooden sailboat, have you ever been to Greg Tatmans boat site? Driftboats, way cool!

Kind of out of boats now, still have a 1923 Old Town canoe. What with motorcycles and machining. May even sell some woodworking equipment.

My machine shop is 15 X 30 not gig enough but will have to do it is has electric hear and air.

My old shop is from my welding days 45 X 45 no heat or insulation so I don't use it much. But I do have a surface grinder and a 20 x 60 ATW Lathe down there.

Paul

My machineshop is 20 by 40 foot room inside my 60 by 60 foot shop..Got boats and motorhome and my truck parked in the shop which is cluttered up pretty good but the machineshop section is pretty well organized .Welders,plasma cutter,Oxy-acetylene torch, air compressor, hundred ton press, foundry, and forklifts are out in the main shop space..Upstairs in the shop I have a 20 by 20 storage deck and a 20 by 20 room for my antique electronics hobby..See the gunsmithing section of this forum to see some of my work...I am a longtime hobbiest, all in.

100_0686.jpg

I have two spaces currently, a 12 x 9 shed, made of structural panels. This is where the lathe and automotive stuff lives. Everything else is down in the basement which I have set aside a space of about 20 x 12. Biggest machine is the tablesaw and work table, both are on wheels.

Bonus space, my neighbor has a BP, so we trade machine time back and forth!
Pierre

Back