How Many Tool Holders Do you Have?

Looks like the final count is 75 (all BXA size).

Bruce

Six spares in a tool box with a seventh one that's dedicated to a spring-winding jig.
View attachment 461060

Clausing 5418 lathe
View attachment 461062

Looks like 25 of them at the Clausing
View attachment 461063

Grizzly G0709
View attachment 461064

Looks like 43 of them at the Grizzly (40 on the rack, 3 on the headstock with oddball tools for a current job)
View attachment 461065
This is the kind of post I can show my wife when she asks how many tool holders do you need anyway? This is how many you're supposed to have!

Tim

Looks like the final count is 75 (all BXA size).

Bruce

Six spares in a tool box with a seventh one that's dedicated to a spring-winding jig.
View attachment 461060

Clausing 5418 lathe
View attachment 461062

Looks like 25 of them at the Clausing
View attachment 461063

Grizzly G0709
View attachment 461064

Looks like 43 of them at the Grizzly (40 on the rack, 3 on the headstock with oddball tools for a current job)
View attachment 461065
Tell me about your holders. Looks like you're using uni-strut, but how are the toolholders held? I could definitely use something like that.

GsT

I gotta say, if I ever find myself with greater than 15 toolholders, I better be making some money on this money pit of a hobby. Lol

Tell me about your holders. Looks like you're using uni-strut, but how are the toolholders held? I could definitely use something like that.

GsT
Here's a link to my initial tool rack. It's been modified a couple of times as the original only held 12 or 13 tools.

It's Unistrut as you noted. The tool holders are 1/8" aluminum, 1 5/8" x 2 1/4". Drill/countersink a screw hole, bend a 90 with the brake, 1/4" flat head cap screw to a Unistrut nut.

Excessive? No question. I bought over 60 BXA holders from CDCOtools for $11 or $12 each back in the day. Still an investment and mostly frivolous. There are a few tools that have set unused on the rack for 5 years.

Bruce

p.s. Here are some posts with a better view of the backside.

About 40 CXA and I still have to switch tools around fairly frequently.

Here's a link to my initial tool rack. It's been modified a couple of times as the original only held 12 or 13 tools.

Thanks! I'm adding that to my 'todo' list.

GsT

Back