How Long Since Harbor Freight Put Out the GOOD Coupons?

Chips O'Toole

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This may be out of left field, but can anyone tell me, more or less, when Harbor Freight put out its last coupon that didn't exclude Predator engines? I am thinking of repowering a cart with an engine Subaru abandoned. If a coupon came out two weeks ago, it will probably be a while before we see a new one, but if it has been months, maybe it's worth it for me to wait.

This may be out of left field, but can anyone tell me, more or less, when Harbor Freight put out its last coupon that didn't exclude Predator engines? I am thinking of repowering a cart with an engine Subaru abandoned. If a coupon came out two weeks ago, it will probably be a while before we see a new one, but if it has been months, maybe it's worth it for me to wait.

I used a 30% off anything they sent last month. I only needed a gallon of Evaporust. So I kind of wasted that opportunity. It was good for 3 days.

Cutting oil is my blood.

The coupons do cone up
But they push the HF Club or member card. I signed up last year and its do end of month. I saved 2X the price and got a half dozen free things because of it.

They have sales more often it seems. What I dont like about harbor frieght is its no longer cheap tools cheap its cheap tools that cost to much.

I wish I bought some items just 3 years ago. Now many of the items have darn near doubled in price. My pay has not increased since pre covid so HF is no longer a opption for most. Im back to saving for better tools.

Oh HFT probably smartened up with the Pred engines when people where buying them by the half dozen. Now they know they can jack the prices and still be the cheapest option for a quick re power. I have had zero luck to much work getting them to fit anything I ever tried.

Oh HFT probably smartened up with the Pred engines when people where buying them by the half dozen. Now they know they can jack the prices and still be the cheapest option for a quick re power. I have had zero luck to much work getting them to fit anything I ever tried.
They are a knock-off of the Honda small engines, so they are a direct fit for them. They have a standard mounting flange/bolt pattern/shaft size, but some equipment manufacturers specify off dimensions. Generators and welders have tapered shafts, which are special. I have used one to repower a small air compressor that originally had a Briggs & Stratton, and build a fire pump using an old pump that had been mounted on a Wisconsin one-lunger. For the latter, I had to make an adapter for the mounting flange, since the Wisconsin (7 HP) mount is now used on much higher (16+ HP) horsepower engines.

They are a knock-off of the Honda small engines, so they are a direct fit for them. They have a standard mounting flange/bolt pattern/shaft size, but some equipment manufacturers specify off dimensions. Generators and welders have tapered shafts, which are special. I have used one to repower a small air compressor that originally had a Briggs & Stratton, and build a fire pump using an old pump that had been mounted on a Wisconsin one-lunger. For the latter, I had to make an adapter for the mounting flange, since the Wisconsin (7 HP) mount is now used on much higher (16+ HP) horsepower engines.
So far my two pieces of honda equipment show no signs of needing a engine both hit 30 years this year.

Neither have mine, but there are people out there that don't check or change the oil. ;)

I dont like about harbor frieght is its no longer cheap tools cheap its cheap tools that cost to much.

I wish I bought some items just 3 years ago. Now many of the items have darn near doubled in price. My pay has not increased since pre covid so HF is no longer a opption for most. Im back to saving for better tools.

Those COVID stimulus checks weren't free, they just didn't tell you how much they would cost you. The HF tools cost about the same, you're paying in dollars that are worth half as much.

I'm exaggerating, but not much :confused:

Back