How do you oil that little bearing insert thingy???

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Hi everyone ..TGIF!!! I've been hand oiling and red-straw injecting oil on my table since I'm not sure how you get oil into the little spring-bearing ball oiler spots. Is there a special tip or end I put on a oil can? wow.... I've tried to get the 3:1 in there and thats a crappy soft plastic tip. Seems so silly to ask. but you know me by now.
Have a safe weekend everyone everywhere.
CG

Hi everyone ..TGIF!!! I've been hand oiling and red-straw injecting oil on my table since I'm not sure how you get oil into the little spring-bearing ball oiler spots. Is there a special tip or end I put on a oil can? wow.... I've tried to get the 3:1 in there and thats a crappy soft plastic tip. Seems so silly to ask. but you know me by now.
Have a safe weekend everyone everywhere.
CG
The plastic tips that come with generic butane lighter refill cans work really well. They fit nicely on the tips of oilers.

Use a metal (brass) tip oil can. I have a nice Eagle, and it works well for spring loaded oilers. I also have a needle point bottle with motor oil in it I keep on my testing/final fitup bench. Works well.
I still prefer the flip top spring loaded cap type oilers better.

Not tryin to hijack the thread but,what is the name of the ball spring port?
Eddie

European lathes came with a pump thing that I know as a chain saw grease gun. I know it sounds weird but I load it with oil then use the pointed end against the spring loaded ball. If you are not aligned at the right angle it leaks but once you have the sweet spot you can pump in as much as you want. The rubber cup in the cylinder holds the oil in. I have not experienced any great leakage with the unit laying on its side.

Back