How Do I DELETE my pics so I can UPLOAD other Pics!!

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Gang- I'm unable to post anymore threads w/ a PIC. I have 4 pics posted in some threads..... And now cannot figure out how to DELTE them.

Are you sure you have exceeded a limit? I see you have only 21 posts. I don't recall seeing a limit in the rules. Just checked again with search and found no limits.
Carefully review the instructions for posting pictures and images.
Good luck,
John

I'm pretty sure the "limit" is because you don't have enough posts to warrant unlimited image storage space. Your few photos so far probably used up your initial allocation. Once you have enough posts I think you magically will be able to start posting pictures again (I'm in that boat right now too - I am hoping this post will help to move things along)

Rick

I'm in the same boat. Course it would be nice to have some idea how many posts it takes for what. I only like to post if I actually have something to add and everyone constantly yells for pictures. My last couple of threads won't be worth much without pics. What should I do, go and add a "me too" to every post each time I visit? Personally I despise those type of posts and probably just won't post at all.

also, having the attachments page tell me I have use 19 Meg's of my 350 kilo allotment has me somewhat mystified.

i have sent a pm but all I get back is a mail saying if I am having trouble registering , try again. Not a lot of help.
dave

Gang-

The upload limit has been raised so that should not be the problem!

Cool beans...

I think it's worth mentioning that posting pictures that are re-sized to about 100 to 150 kilo-bytes saves a lot of server space and yet, the pictures are still adequate quality to see good detail. This can be done with the Microsoft Win 7 standard utility and on my computer, I can just right-click a picture and a "resize" option can be selected. Also, I take photos with my iPhone and if I email them to my home account rather than direct transfer, it gives an option to resize the photo.

Ray

Also try uploading them to a image hosting site them posting the link in BBC code. Saves server space here.

The current batch of phones & digital cameras can create rather large picture files.
Depending on your settings you could be dealing with single file sizes of 2MB on up and a resolution of ~3200x2000 (give or take)
Reducing/resizing/resampling your pictures before uploading will save a ton of room on the servers.
By cropping and resizing you can reduce the size of your picture to 1/30th of it's original size.

A really good freeware program that I use is Irfanview. (http://www.irfanview.com/)

My 'shop' camera gives me ~3MB files @ a resolution of 3072x2304 and my phone does ~2MB @ 3264x1836.

Before I post the picts I 'crop' & 'resize' them. The picts I upload run around 0.1MB or 100KB.

I resize picts to width of 512 pixels leaving the height to be determined by the 'Aspect Ratio' setting.
512 Pixels looks good and still gives good detail in a forum post.
Then I save them to a different name and upload those.
Cropping of course takes out extraneous stuff you don't want to show and resizing reduces the size.

If anyone would like a tutorial on it - give me a shout.

_Dan

Ahhhh Space- the final frontier! How Do I DELETE my pics so I can UPLOAD other Pics!!

Ya' sort of had to do the trekker thing. anyway, THANKS Mr. Site Admin Sir! I've been taking my 5Mb iphone posts and using the MS Office photo tool to "resize" to 640x480 and crop. I'm down to 40-50K now per image! giddy up.

Back